2019 Members Only Event
2pm-6pm on October 15, 2019
Riverfront Room B at the Hyatt Place Wilmington Riverfront
This is an event exclusive to DCIA members.
This is a free “members only” event and we welcome up to 3 people from any member organization. There will be a nominal charge of $50 for each additional person from the member organization. Steve Kinion will host an interactive discussion about current and potential issues relevant to Delaware captives, followed by a networking reception.
Registration/Networking will be from 2-2:30pm. Commissioner Navarro will give welcome remarks at 2:30pm, followed by Steve Kinion giving his presentation until 4pm. After the program concludes there will be a networking cocktail reception until 6pm.
Topics Mr. Kinion will discuss include:
- Conditional licensing
- Delaware’s captive insurance regulators applying the four nonexclusive criteria for insurance developed by the U.S. Supreme Court in the Le Gierse case when reviewing an application for licensing. These criteria are:
- involve risk-shifting
- involve risk-distribution
- involve insurance risk
- meet commonly accepted notions of insurance.
- Regulation of captive insurance premium pricing or rate regulation
- Federal captive insurance issues to include discussions about the IRS, Federal Advisory Committee on Insurance, and Federal Home Loan Banks.
- Any matters the audience would to address
Not a member? Join today! Click here for more information.
Appointments with the regulators will also be available at the Department of Insurance onsite at the Hyatt Place Wilmington Riverfront prior to the regulator session. Please contact Darlinda Moffett at Darlinda.firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
There is no hotel block for this event. Hotels in the area include Hyatt Place Wilmington Riverfront (please note this is a new property opening Oct 1st and is not currently accepting online reservations; contact Gretchen Grote at email@example.com for more information on booking) and the Westin Wilmington (.2 miles).
This is a free event for members, but pre-registration is required by October 11th, due to hotel and staffing commitments.